Sunday, August 3, 2008

2008 camping trip







This weekend was the big family camping trip of 2008. Sadly, Mike ,Sheri and the boys could not go, but Tirza, Todd, Kelly, Celina, and myself were able to bring the families out to Art& Berta's property for an incredibly awesome weekend. The kids loved being in the water, and would still be in the lake if we didn't make them get out. There were 2 kayaks, an inflatable raft, and a paddle boat. All the kids did very well sharing and taking turns. There were moments when we all played "catch" with the football or baseball, sat by the campfire and talked, or read, but because it was about 90 degrees all weekend, the lake was definately the place to be. Unfortunately Steve also didn't make the trip. I think he would have had fun with all the little kids. They were really fun to watch.






4 comments:

Kristie said...

You guys look like you had an awesome time!!! Cool!!

2 questions -
How do you play scrabble without a board? and
Did you really get 89 paddle ball hits? That Rocks!!

RudysBoy said...

The game was called "Go" or "Speed Scrabble". It's a little different than "Scrabble", but it's a riot! My brother and I got 89 paddle ball hits in the video, but a few minutes after that we had 100. I never played that before. I don't know if that is good or not,but it was tough.

SoulTattoo said...

PS - The score on "GO" was ridiculous! I spanked em' ;) That was for you Mattie!

Kristie said...

OH - I had no doubts who the winner was.....
Of course you did, girl!